Any suggestions on how to secure winter cover to this pool?

Jun 10, 2016
Baden, PA
Hello, I'm a first-year pool owner. When we were building the deck around this pool, I hadn't put sufficient thought into how I was going to secure the winter cover. I have a few ideas but I'd like some suggestions as well. I considered weaving the cable over and under the deck boards but was afraid I then couldn't draw it tight enough. Or possibly use water bags around the upper edge...
20160922_190407.jpg20160930_100604.jpg

Clips and wire for where you can still get them on. Maybe running the wire under the deck, but your gonna have to figure out how to secure to posts and joists to maintain the oval shape below deck. You could tie down to the wire below with rope thru the grommets along with a second loop running thru the grommets weaving under joists. (I"m not sure if a good wind wouldn't pull up the deck boards.) Water pillows to lay on the deck.

I'm curious to know how did you end up securing the winter cover. I'm in process of building a parcial deck at the end of my 18'X33' AG and I'm not sure how to go about securing the winter cover. I wonder if I could install the brass anchors that they use on IG pools on the decking boards.
Thanks!

I'm curious to know how did you end up securing the winter cover. I'm in process of building a parcial deck at the end of my 18'X33' AG and I'm not sure how to go about securing the winter cover. I wonder if I could install the brass anchors that they use on IG pools on the decking boards.
Thanks!

My neighbor has a semi inground with a deck half way around. He drilled through the deck and inserted female threaded anchors, and tightened eyebolts through through the grommets of the cover. On the side with no deck, he tied rope through the grommets and anchored the rope to concrete block. He's been doing this for the last 17 years and the cover has never blown off or collapsed under a wind, snow load or water load. However, he does pump the cover off when it accumulates water.

I'm curious to know how you made out as well. My deck is similar except it's enclosed around the whole pool.. this is what we dealt with all fall and spring.. ? thankfully the winter ice helped with this problem... I would love to find a solution so that the cover isn't being blown up and pulled off all the time...
25ac4740d49e7e55370a8eb5928e26f7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk

Don't have a pic, but we secure the cover on the deck portion with the heavy sand weights we use to hold down the ladder during swim season. The sides that have no deck-the cover is held down by hanging jugs of water from the grommet holes on the cover. Never blows off but does fill up with some water. So now we clean off the cover, the weights and dump out the jugs and start the opening process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.