Dolphin Nautilus is off the track

james-m

Gold Supporter
Sep 5, 2016
New York
I've been using Dolphin Nautilus pool cleaner for a couple of years now. But this year I noticed that one of the tracks started to come off and damage the rolls and the blue sweeps:

dolphin-off-tracks.jpg

On the picture I almost put it back where it should be but you can see the damaged "white roll" and the "blue sweeps". And of course once it gets there (every 20 minutes), it starts traveling in circles and I can see it takes an extra effort to spin that bad track.

Since now I closed the pool and I have time where do I start to fix it?

James,

Two things can happen to cause this. The most likely one is that the track gets a little longer over time, which allows it to come off the pulleys. My guess is that new tracks fix this about 80% of the time. The other problem is that the bearings in the pulleys and wheels under the side plate get worn and loose, which will also allow the track to come off. I say this based upon a couple of older Dolphins that I have rebuilt, but the newer ones look to have similar drive parts.

Jim R.

Thank you Jimrahbe.

Looks like I need to get 4 things then: the pulley, the tracks, the foam climbing ring and potentially the brushes (since one side of a brush is completely eaten by the track).

Once I put it all together is there an easy way to check the issue is fixed? (The pool is already closed, but even if it was opened I would have to start the cleaner and wait for about 20, 30 minutes)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.