skimmer not skimming leaves after installing polaris 360

I can only assume that without the Polaris your skimmer was getting 100% of the pumps suction. Now, with the Polaris your skimmer is only getting 50% or less of your pumps suction. Is your Polaris running all the time the pump is running?

Easy to test. Feel how much water is flowing into you skimmer with and without the Polaris connected.

Curious, why is one return "restricted" ?

Jim R.

I can only assume that without the Polaris your skimmer was getting 100% of the pumps suction. Now, with the Polaris your skimmer is only getting 50% or less of your pumps suction. Is your Polaris running all the time the pump is running?

Easy to test. Feel how much water is flowing into you skimmer with and without the Polaris connected.

Curious, why is one return "restricted" ?

Jim R.

360 is pressure-side vacuum. The other jet is restricted to direct more flow to the 360

So, if you connected the Polaris 360, which is a pressure side cleaner, to a vacuum port, then first of all the Polaris 360 would not be working correctly and second of all the vacuum port, which is now open, is robbing suction power from the skimmer. (Are there too many commas in that sentence?)

Are you sure you connected it to a vacuum port? Do you have a valve to switch the vacuum port to a pressure port?

My Polaris has a valve on the hose near where you plug it in to the return. It allows excess water pressure to exit, with some force. Depending on which way the relief valve is pointed it could be causing the leaves to not go in the skimmer, assuming it's plugged in near the skimmer.

So, if you connected the Polaris 360, which is a pressure side cleaner, to a vacuum port, then first of all the Polaris 360 would not be working correctly and second of all the vacuum port, which is now open, is robbing suction power from the skimmer. (Are there too many commas in that sentence?)

Are you sure you connected it to a vacuum port? Do you have a valve to switch the vacuum port to a pressure port?

what I mean by "vacuum port" is the return line intended for vacuuming/cleaning

I would focus on the skimmer check that the weir door is not stuck down it should move easy. Also check that it is floating well depending on how it is made if it gets cracked it can get waterlogged and ride a bit low in the water. It should allow a thin layer of water to pass over the top, the thinner the layer the more velocity to pull the leaves in.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the update! Be aware that making waves like that will likely cause your pH to rise a little faster than it would otherwise. This isn't a problem as long as you keep an eye on that and your TA.

Cheers.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.