Hayward Aqua Plus control panel bit the dust - what to replace it with?

Jun 8, 2011
Charleston, IL
Our pool and automation system is 5 seasons old; we are in Illinois. I have had repeated issues with the sense and dispense component as well as the control panel itself. I've lost count of the number of times the "Check System" light was on......Anyway, today it finally bit the dust. We are going to just go ahead and close the pool for the season, however, we'll obviously need a new control panel for next year. I'm not crazy about the Hayward product line due to the issues I've encountered....but, the rest of the system is Hayward. Do I have to stick with Hayward's control systems? Has anyone "jumped ship" to another brand with good results. Can I mix and match or should I consider replacing the entire system? Thanks.

Just one equipment piece issue after another. Since it was first installed, the Check System Light on the control panel would come on indicating an issue (actually very frequent, at least weekly if not more often). Didn't matter if I addressed what it indicated was out of whack, light would come back on. Tried adjusting (thru Pool Company) levels so many times with little luck....I believe I have had 3 sets of sensors for the Sense & Dispense component, control board was replaced and salt cell replaced 3 times and now today I noticed that my heater said the water was not flowing. Tried to flip the breakers on control panel, used reset button on the panel and double checked the breaker in our house...and no luck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.