Infamous 170 code

Sep 28, 2016
Brandon MS
Getting 170 code. The sensor (3 prong) plugs into the small board, then that plugs into the main board. looking at the display, no lights are on and the display just says 170. When I unplug the sensor and small board, the lights come on the display.
I just replaced the sensor last year. Lesson learned not to be a tight wad and buy a "like new" off eBay. Wanted to run in by the pros before I bought another one. -- new this time-

It might be the transformer so you should troubleshoot the system before you replace anything. Search the net for Jandy Aquapure Workbook and you should find a guide on how to troubleshoot the system. Some of the links here at TFP are old and don't work when searching for it, but I was able to find it on the net not too long ago.

I been researching on how to troubleshoot, but they are telling me to check 2 diff boards... When I pull the cover off, I just have one board. Any tips on making sure it's the sensor before I take the plunge and buy a new one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.