Help with calculating pool water volume

okiediver

Sep 3, 2015
Ft Myers FL
Pool Size
Hi there, could not really find a good place to post this so here goes...if it needs to be moved no problem there. Im getting conflicting answers on water volume. We have lived in the house a year and its a custom pool with no standard shape. I have attached a pic of what the builder gave to the previous owners....nowhere does it show on any of the pool paperwork how much water is in this pool. In order to make adjustments, which I haven't done very well so far, I need this. I was told 24000 gallons but using the calculators I have come across its hsowing a lot more. The particulars are in the upper left corner......Can I get some thoughts here on how much volume?

Thanks!pool sketch.jpg

Without detailed measurements it will be hard to say, but I suspect the 24,000 gallon guess is in the right ballpark, which may mean 25,000 or even 27,000 gallons,

Without knowing the bottom profile, particularly in the deep end this is all a guess though, at the top end of the range it might even be 32,000 or so

If you look up "chemical method pool volume" in the search bar, user onBalance describes a chemical method for getting pretty close to your exact water volume. It does require quite a bit of TA test reagents to do the test but it does work.

I would break each section of pool into blocks. Then use length x width x height in inches divided by 231. That's how I find gallon volume in aquariums. Let's say you have a 6' x 2' x 2' aquarium...72x24x24=41472. Divide by 231= 180 gallons approximately! So if you have the deep end which is 10' by 20' and is 7' deep it is 120x240x84÷231. That would be 10,470 gallons or so.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I would break each section of pool into blocks. Then use length x width x height in inches divided by 231. That's how I find gallon volume in aquariums. Let's say you have a 6' x 2' x 2' aquarium...72x24x24=41472. Divide by 231= 180 gallons approximately! So if you have the deep end which is 10' by 20' and is 7' deep it is 120x240x84÷231. That would be 10,470 gallons or so.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Great idea I'll try that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.