Talking to Pool Contractors

Sep 26, 2016
St. Peter, MO
Hi TFP, we have just started the process of looking at getting a pool. I've talked to friends and neighbors who have pools and gotten quite a few recommendations for contractors in our area. I've scheduled meetings with a few of them. But being this is a first time process for us. I'm wondering what are some questions we should be asking the contractors? How do we tell the good from the bad contractors? I'm planning on asking for references, but what else do we need to know to make an informed decision?

Thanks for the quick replies: Here is some more info.

The pool will be in ground and we are looking at a concrete or fiberglass unit at this time. We have meeting scheduled with contractors that do both types and we have a meeting with a contractor that just does concrete.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello and welcome to TFP! :wave: It may help others to know what type of pool are you looking to get (plaster, in-ground/above-ground vinyl, fiberglass)? Many suggestions might be geared towards either type of pool. Thanks, and we look forward to helping you further.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.