Can I add a TriChlor puck?

Gracie

Dec 16, 2008
Greensboro, NC
I always pour my bleach directly into the skimmer. Can I add a TriChlor puck to my skimmer too?

I just did an Ascorbic Acid treatment last night because of pool stains. I'm unable to hold any FC yet, and my CYA is still very low. I'm unsure if I can put in a puck and still pour bleach in. (I was hoping the puck would help hold a little chlorine while I'm gone tomorrow.) Do I have to remove the puck before pouring in bleach? (I have no idea how slowly these things are used up.)

FC - not holding
CC - 0
ALK - 160
PH - 7.0
CYA - 20 or so...
Temp - 70 (Brrr)
10,000 gallons
Vinyl pool

Now I'm just waiting for my CYA to dissolve, though I didn't add a lot, and keeping a close eye on the chlorine waiting for it to hold. I guess I'm on the right track here. I'll retest the CYA in a day or two I guess. Advice appreciated.

I can't let the pool sit with no chlorine all day tomorrow. It'll be sunny and in the 90's. What other alternative is there? Right now I'm adding a bottle of ultra every 2-3 hours. The pump will be running constantly for the next several days at least. Right now it's dissolving CYA.

If the pump is running 24/7, then it is alright to have a trichlor tablet in the skimmer.

However, the trichlor tablet should be removed from the skimmer before you pour any bleach into to the skimmer.

You could instead add bleach by pouring it slowly in front of a return jet. Then you don't need to worry about the trichlor tablet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.