Installing Loop Loc anchors in pavers - 9" pipe?

jachin

Sep 28, 2016
Jericho, NY
We have beautiful new Cambridge pavers around our pool, and we're about to get a new Loop-Loc mesh cover professionally installed by a licensed dealer. Some intense Googling tells me that 15" pipe should be used for installing the anchors into the pavers and ground below. However, both the dealer and Loop-Loc now tell me that 9" pipe is acceptable. That's a big difference. Does anyone know if 9" pipe is really OK for paver installs?

Thanks!

The soil that you are putting them into is almost as important as the depth. On one hand 9" may not get very far into the undisturbed soil under your sub base material which which give more lateral support, but a 9" depth might also be less subject to frost heave pushing it out of the undrained sub soil.

I would ask how long they have been installing them this way, references for similar installs and if their warranty (installers) covers anchor pull out. The cover should last many years and they should be willing to ensure the anchors last much longer. After my own search, it seems they specify 15" minimum in this document.

http://www.looploc.com/assets/dealers/document_library/pdf/L088JNEWINSTALLATIONGUIDE.pdf

I found that same installation document, too. Loop-Loc customer service says that they have not updated their manual since 2012, indicating they've begun to allow 9" pipe only fairly recently. I will press the installer on this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.