TFP Metal Treatment Reccomendation

Jul 14, 2014
New York
I have looked through the forum and I can't find a reccomended TFP method to treat metals, just a bunch of discussions.

My pool store has the following two products:
Metal Free by Natural Chemistry
Metal Klear by SeaKlear (now owned by Natural chemistry)

I also found this product that claims to remove the metals:
Culator

The Copper test kit is not that expensive, but the Iron test kit is a bit expensive. The Pool store by me has strips that show both. Should I find a pool store that has the better test kit?

Treating metals is pretty complex and varies by pool, source of metals and type of metals. We typically recommend letting the Pool Store test for metals. One problem is that metal tests test the water for metals. So, if the metals are in a stain or bound up in sequestrant then the test will show 0 even though metal is present.

The most important thing is to find the source of the metal and eliminate it, if possible.

CUlator seems to work but there isn't enough data to say how much copper it will actually remove and it is fairly expensive.

Have you seen this article? Pool School - Metals in the Water and Metal Stains

There are a few folks around who can help. And there are lots of old threads by people trying to deal with metals.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.