New to forum

Sep 27, 2016
TX
Hi everyone I am new to the forum and somewhat new to pool care. I purchased a house in January 2016 with a salt water pool and connected spa. So far my pools chemistry has been a massive roller coaster going from great to dark forest green within a matter of a few days. I have read pool school and feel like I understand it but don't understand why my pool chemistry can be great one day and horrible the next.

Hi! SO glad you found TFP! Your user name say it all :rolleyes: LOL

You say you have read pool school but I do not see a mention of a test kit. Let us know how you have been testing your water and we can go from there.

Between a good test kit, pool school and other readings, and the helpful people here on TFP your pool can be clean and clear with no more roller coasters.

:kim:

Happy to help you out once we have the information we need.

This is a good introduction to TFPC: TFPC for Beginners

With respect to your question, the pool water chemistry may not be changing from one day to the next, but algae is always lurking and environmental conditions and use of the pool changes from day to day. Sometimes a combination of factors along with less than adequate water chemistry results in sudden algae blooms.