Which Pool Cleaner

Jun 7, 2009
Hi I a newbie - I have a vinyl L shape in ground pool 20 x 40 the L is 8 x 10 – years ago my new pool services recommend I start using a Polaris pool cleaner- unfortunately there was no booster pump so it never work properly – I then switch to a Tiger Shark – which also never did the job – it would climb the walls but always stayed in the deep end hardly ever came in the swallow and unless I started it there would never go into the L- really disappointed in the Tiger Shark

My new pool guy suggests the Letro with a booster pump- I not sure if I should go Polaris 380 or new 3900 with booster – or try the Blue Diamond or one of the Turbo Aguabot . Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated. It has been drving me crazy for years now - BTW I live in the New York area so- the pool is seasonal.

Stay away from the 3900 (AND the 480, which it replaced)! Actually the Polaris 280 is the workhorse of that series (and the Letro booster pump model works well too but is more a copy of the Polaris 380). Booster pump models will always outperform boosterless ones like the Polaris 360 or the Legend II.

As far as robots go, if you really want to insure that they cover all the pool (most seem to want to hang out in the deep end) then you need to spend the money for one with a remote control so you can "drive" it where it needs to be, IMHO.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.