IC40 low salt light red

shi,

Yes.. the IC40 uses a temperature sensor to help determine the salt reading. So it may well be the temperature that is causing the low reading. The problem is that the IC40's salt sensor has a range of +/- 500 ppm.

When your PB tested the salt level, what was the reading.. "fine" is not a very accurate test.. If the reading was near the low end, I'd another bag or two of salt and see what happens.

That said, It is getting to that time of year where the cell will shut off, I think about 52 degrees or so. It might make sense to just chlorinate with bleach until time to close and see where you are next spring.

Jim R.

Might also be the temperature sensor. It is embedded in the flow switch, and this can cause low-salt readings.

I had this happen to me about a year ago. Replaced the switch (~80-100 dollars), and all has been well ever since. My IC40 continues to produce chlorine well into the low 60's or even 50's, but I usually deactivate it below 60 since CL is not really needed. However, I don't get a low-salt indication even when the water temp drops into the 50's.

My SWG is wired to a mechanical time clock. When it is time to turn it off I remove the timer dogs and switch it off which cuts all power to the power suppl. I'm thinking about putting in my blank SWG tube this winter that I bought this summer and moving the SWG cell into the shop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.