maytronics dolphin power supply repair

I agree call them, giving specific advice is hard as they made more than one type. The older ones I have been into were very simple, a big transformer and a bridge rectifier plus maybe a fuse and a power switch.

I agree call them, giving specific advice is hard as they made more than one type. The older ones I have been into were very simple, a big transformer and a bridge rectifier plus maybe a fuse and a power switch.

The newer ones are lightweight, which tells me that probably a switch mode power supply is used. Also, there must be some sort of microcontroller to handle remote communications and send commands to the robot.

Mine died as soon as I purchased it and they sent me a new one. I opened the old one to see if there was some type of fuse. There was no fuse inside or anything that looked like it was damaged or could be replaced. There is a lot of stuff going on inside there. All kinds of boards. Not sure exactly what it is all doing but I do know there are 3 wires going to the cleaner. 30VDC + - and then also one called "command". I am interested if supplying 30VDC (180 watts) without the command line will make the unit run. It is possible all the brains of direction and what functions to perform are controlled by the power supply box, in that case it most likely would not work. Going to start a thread to see if anyone has attempted this.

I have no idea about the new solid state switching supplies, but the old ones ran a series of self-test tests on the robot before it would let it start.

Just slap 30 Volts DC on the power leads and see what happens.. What could go wrong.. :stirpot:

Jim R.

Mine died as soon as I purchased it and they sent me a new one. I opened the old one to see if there was some type of fuse. There was no fuse inside or anything that looked like it was damaged or could be replaced. There is a lot of stuff going on inside there. All kinds of boards. Not sure exactly what it is all doing but I do know there are 3 wires going to the cleaner. 30VDC + - and then also one called "command". I am interested if supplying 30VDC (180 watts) without the command line will make the unit run. It is possible all the brains of direction and what functions to perform are controlled by the power supply box, in that case it most likely would not work. Going to start a thread to see if anyone has attempted this.
Found a YouTube video on repairing A Dolphin Pool Cleaner - it says that the older models power supply have a fuse, not the recent ones. Mine died last year, and that's what Maytronics told me too.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.