SWG -Install ourselves? How long before pool is ready?

May 31, 2009
Hi! Planning on getting a swimpure swg. We can have it installed for $180. My husband wants to install it but I thought we might be better having Leslie's do it in case there are problems? Are we likely to encounter any problem? He is pretty handy. Also once system is installed how long before we can swim. My son just went in our pool for 10 minutes yesterday and the chlorine had him sneezing and irritated. I don't want him swimming it in anymore until we convert. Thanks for your help.

Welcome!

As long as you have adequate chlorine you can swim.
Your new SWG simply produces chlorine at a slow rate to replace chlorine in your pool.

Your sons irritation is most likely due to combined chlorine or out of balance water chemistry.

If you post pool water test results we would be happy to comment.

Good luck

The install isn't that difficult, some PVC plumbing, minor electrical work, and mounting the control box.

There is no wait to swim unless you are currently using baquacil. Baquacil requires a conversion process. If you are currently using chlorine, then you just keep using chlorine till the SWG turns on and then it supplies the chlorine.

I installed a circu pool SWG 1 week ago by myself ! I had cloudy water due to some neglect on my part (reason for the swg) and a lot of rain! Today the NJ weather was greeat the pool was sparkling clear and according to my soon to be replaced test strips the levels were spot on . The salt is at 3900 ppm and we spent 5 + hrs in the pool! Skin feels great and more better is my 11 yr old son whom has CP and swims all summer as part of his therapy did not sneeze once! He always sneezed in our pool and friends did the swg thing and we were in thier pool and no sneezing ..now we are swg and good, hope the same for you! good luck!

I installed a compupool SWG a little over a week ago. I'm fairly handy and it's not too dificult. The plumbing was very easy. I was a little hesitant about the wiring, however it ended up being pretty straight forward once I actually looked at the wiring.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.