Help me understand my valves

Runt,

Not sure what the valve is for, but putting the "off" arrow toward either the 3 or the 1 will have the same effect of shutting off the line.

My guess is that you don't want water coming out of your pool and then out of the pump when the lid is off, so to prevent that from happening, you'd turn the valve to either 1 or 3.

A picture from a little further away would give us a better idea of what the valves are for.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Runt,

Not sure what the valve is for, but putting the "off" arrow toward either the 3 or the 1 will have the same effect of shutting off the line.

My guess is that you don't want water coming out of your pool and then out of the pump when the lid is off, so to prevent that from happening, you'd turn the valve to either 1 or 3.

A picture from a little further away would give us a better idea of what the valves are for.

Thanks,

Jim R.

This helpful?
Pool Valves - Album on Imgur

so 1 & 3 are off. 2 and 4 are open? Any difference bewteen 2 and 4?

runt,

I can see no difference between position 2 and 4, both open the pipe. I say this based upon how a regular Jandy valve works. I would expect this valve to work the same way.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.