Jandy Aquapure 1400 Salt Chlorinator

JPB

Sep 27, 2016
Tyler, TX
Hi All - New Member - First Time Posting...

I have a 40,000 gallon pool with all Jandy equipment installed in late 2013. Salt generator is a Aquapure 1400 with a Pure Link control center

I have had several issues with it in the past - mainly NO FLOW alerts and low chlorine production.
The cell is now 3 yrs old and has thrown a 170 code and the issue is with the chlorinator flow sensor.

Im looking for advice, and I think I have 3 options -

1. Get away from Jandy and get another chlorination system - kinda hate to do this since everything I have is Jandy, but not at all pleased with the last 3yr performance.

2. Get a new Jandy 1400 cell with the new (supposedly better) flow meter. - this is cheapest and easiest but is the flow sensor issue really fixed.

3. Upgrade to a new Jandy TruClear - but are they any good and does this mean I need to replace the Pure Link control center also?

Any advice is appreciated including any options I haven't considered...Thanks in advance.

-Jeremy

Jeremy,

I would suggest seeing if Jandy has a much larger cell. The 1400 is advertised for pools "up to" 40K. This means they will just barely work with a 40K pool if run at 100% for 24/7.

I believe that having all the same equipment brands is the best thing to do if possible.

Sorry, but I'm not up on Jandy equipment. Let's see if we can get some Jandy experts to chime in..

Jim R.

I have the 1400 system which I recently replaced from an earlier model that was not very reliable. Time will tell if reliability is any better but there appears to have been many design changes compared to my old one. I'm crossing my fingers this one will be problem free.

BTW- our 19k pool runs 8hrs a day to maintain chlorine level running at 100% so it would have a hard time keeping up with your system. Theymdont make a bigger unit but a few models from other mfgs offer twice the output. I'd suggest looking at one of the other mfgs that make much larger systems so you can save electicity on runtime. Although integration into the controller is nice, its not a deal breaker.

It has been over a year but I'm not sure exactly when it was released to the public. I found out about the sensor about a month after I switched over to Hayward and that was about 15 months ago. Do you have the old style or new style of sensor?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.