What model filter is this and why is it leaking?

Sep 25, 2016
Las Vegas Nevada
Hey guys, so just moved into a new house with a pool, slowly trying to figure everything out here. So long story short, pool vacuum was not working the way it should so I pulled out the filters and cleaned them (they were REALLY dirty) Put everything back together and now it is leaking around the clamp. I can't seem to find any markings or model numbers on this thing, it certainly looks similar to all the ones on youtube but I think it would be nice to know the exact model. Before opening it up there were no leaks but I'm wondering if that's just because it never got enough pressure to leak out. I took as many pictures as I thought would help but I can take more if need be. I'm unsure about how much to tighten the clamp. I don't want to break it and from what I remember when I opened it, it was nowhere near this tight when I pulled it off before but now it leaks. Here are the pictures:
Full view: 20160927_094328.jpg

Here is how much room is left on clamp, you can see on this side it's really snug20160927_094315.jpg20160927_094320.jpg

This is the side it leaks on, the clamp is not nearly on as tight over here but I have tried 3 times now to reseat it while getting this side as close as possible but it never seems to work.
20160927_094357.jpg

Cool thanks for the PDF link! Yeah we had put some pool lube on the first time but not really any more after messing with it over and over. I will try and double check the ring and hopefully that will do the trick! How will I be able to tell if the ring needs to be replaced?

sms,

If you look to the right of your third picture, you will see a diagram showing how tight the ring should be. Your are not nearly as tight as you need to be. Based upon the picture, the two sides should nearly touch and the threads should be sticking out of the nut at least a 1/4'.

Jim R.

sms,

If you look to the right of your third picture, you will see a diagram showing how tight the ring should be. Your are not nearly as tight as you need to be. Based upon the picture, the two sides should nearly touch and the threads should be sticking out of the nut at least a 1/4'.

Jim R.

oh wow! nice! guess I have a long way to go then. I will try and get to this tomorrow and report back! also, after really looking into that PDF I am not sure that is the one, I don't have one giant filter, I have 4 small ones. Maybe just an older model? I will maybe take a look at the hayward site and see what I can find. Thanks!

Hayward*C2030*SwimClear Large Capacity Cartridge Filter, 225 Sq. Ft.

Probably this. Make sure that the oring and oring seats are clean and lubricated with silicone lube. When tightening the clamp, tap on it with a rubber hammer to get it to snug up properly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.