Tile grout

ka8yiu

Gold Supporter
Aug 11, 2016
SW FL
IMG_7397.jpg

I have several small holes and nicks in the tile grout. Is there any particular product to use for spot repairs, or is some form of grout repair from home improvement stores sufficient?

K

Is the tile grout white?

If you look up "Pool Patch Tile Grout" online, you will get lots of hits for white and grey tile grout. For small holes like that, be sure the surrounding tile is clean and the hole is free of debris and dry (lower the water line below the tile line), then apply the grout to it. You can even tool the grout line a 1/4" above and below the hole to try to blend it in better.

It's off-white.

I once had similar small holes in floor tile grout. I used a small tube of grout with an applicator, like caulk, to fill the holes. I just wasn't sure if that was sufficient or there was a special product someone knew about.

You can use pool putty or ABC compound and just moosh it into the holes underwater. They both cure underwater. No draining, no muss, no fuss. Color might not match exactly but much easier.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.