New Pump Necessary?

Sep 27, 2016
Coppell, TX
Our pump US Motors Model No. K63CXESE-4792 has sprung a small leak along the rusty clamp that holds it together. I'm trying to determine if we can just replace the clamp or need to get a whole new pump. Of course, the pool store said it's almost as expensive to replace the clamp as the whole pump, so why not just replace the whole pump. Seems nonsensical to me, so I'm looking to this forum to fact check that for me and perhaps tell me where to find it. I've not had much luck on the Internet.

If I do in fact, need a whole new pump, which brand, size is best for a 14K gallon salt pool with spa, two skimmers, no deep end....waterfall and vacuum on separate pump?

Thanks, all

James,

Welcome to TFP...

I doubt it is just the clamp, more likely a seal between the motor and the pump.

If you can post a picture of the pump and motor assembly, I'll bet you'll get a better response.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Attached are four photos. The first shows the actual leak location in the lower left. The others show the pump. It's difficult to get a good shot of it. The last is the label off the pump. When I googled it, the maker appears to be Emerson?
IMG_20160927_154035600.jpgIMG_20160927_154054445.jpgIMG_20160927_154108013.jpgIMG_20160927_120942853.jpg

Thanks for your assistance!

The leak looks like it is from the pipe connection to the pump. It also looks like someone tried to repair it once? I think you could dry off the area and then see where it comes out first.

If you look closely at the very first photo you can see the rust point on the metal band on the lower left and can actually see the water spraying out in the photo. I have a video, but don't see how to post it.

Yes, there is also a tiny drip from the pipe connection that has been repaired once...needs it again. Was waiting to see if the metal band meant a whole new pump.

Ok, I missed that. But I don't think that is the band unless the band does not close properly. However, that could be the gasket/o-ring that is no longer sealing. That can be replaced fairly easily. Have you taken it apart to inspect?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.