Faded liner

Mar 29, 2016
Chicago,IL
After 1 year of having my pool I feel the liner is pretty faded. I pulled out my wedding steps yesterday and there was a significant color difference in that area verse the rest of the pool. It was even worse where the suction cups of the ladder were. Is this natural to see this or is it possible I was running bleach a little higher then I should of?

Pretty typical results all year

pH-7.6
Cya-30
FC-5
Ch-100
TA-140
Borates-50

c141cf07b300f8c513541d02e9694e6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my fading after ten years in full sun. You can see it looks worse from the pictures out the bedroom window than down low. The spot under the steps is where I put a tab before I new better. Don't really care about color, as long as it holds water!

Before and after of the deck carpet, too.

joeself7's Library | Photobucket

edited link

Leave a shirt balled up outside, untouched, and see how the sun fades it.

Significant liner fading at the end of one year is not normal. Yes, one week of overdose of FC can fade it.

Kept within the guidelines TFP suggests, there should be no fading that you would notice for several years.

The ink used on your liner may have an affect as well. Inferior ink will give up quicker than others.

So, there are many factors involved but it sounds like your FC was excessive at some point.

That looks like prism bottom or glimmer glass, depending where it came from. Either way it's "printed" on white sheet material... I always try to discourage owners from white sheet.. They are a notably faster fade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.