Steps on ladder covered in algae

I would remove the steps again and try Vitamin C tablets and possibly a puck (let it sit for a while). Probably not algae, but staining. You could also try Magic Eraser as this is what I used on my white steps for the scum line (works wonders).

Have you checked for metals in your water? Do you have City Water or Well Water?

I would remove the steps again and try Vitamin C tablets and possibly a puck (let it sit for a while). Probably not algae, but staining. You could also try Magic Eraser as this is what I used on my white steps for the scum line (works wonders).

Have you checked for metals in your water? Do you have City Water or Well Water?

Thanks, I'll try those.

Haven't checked for metals. I have city water.

Seems like staining to me. Did you let it soak in the bleach for a little bit before attempting to brush? If that still doesn't help try putting on some gloves, goggles, and old clothes then scrub it after soaking it in the bleach solution, but still keep it in the solution as you scrub. This usually works for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.