Intelliflo 2 with Hayward OnCommand automation?

chrs

Sep 26, 2016
phoenix
I have a Hayward OnCommand automation system and would like to install a Pentair Intelliflo 2 pump.

I'm trying to figure out if anyone has had success using a Pentair Intelliflo 2 on the Hayward OnCommand automation system.
Both had the RS-485 system, but can the OnCommand actually control the pump speed etc like it could a Hayward pump?

Our local pool tech said it won't work - Pentair said it should work. Anyone out there have real facts or should I just still with a Hayward pump?

chrs,

Welcome to TFP... :lovetfp:

We almost always suggest that the brand of the automation system should match the brand of the items you want to control. We do that because of the number of issues people have when they mix and match.

I looked at the manual for the OnCommand and cannot find any indication that it will control other brands of pumps. The RS-485 is just a type of Serial communications protocol, it does not mean that program to run a Hayward pump is the same as a program to run an Intelliflo pump.

So my "guess" is that your OnCommand will not control the Intelliflo. That said, it is a guess and not a "fact", so let's see if other will reply with a better answer.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I know you can run an Intelliflo pump with Hayward's Pro Logic automation using a Pentair Intellicom II adapter but not sure about On Command.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you can run an Intelliflo pump with Hayward's Pro Logic automation using a Pentair Intellicom II adapter but not sure about On Command.

- - - Updated - - -

I know you can run a Intelliflo pump with Hayward's Pro Logic automation using a Pentair Intellicom II adapter. Not sure about the On Command though. Call Hayward tech support

The problem with the adapter, suggested by kadavis, is that it requires 4 unused relays in your automation system. One relay for each speed you want to use. You basically make your VS pump a 4 speed pump. And, in the case of the OnComand, I think all you have is a total of 4 relays.

If you had an EasyTouch, I'd be trying to talk you into the Intelliflo, I think they are great pumps. But, since you have the Hayward automation system, I believe that your best bet would be to stick with a compatible Hayward pump.

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.