Dolphin Nautilus Plus...which filter cartridges do you mainly use?

Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
I've had mine for 3-4 months now and I've always used the coarse mesh screen filter because that was the one it had installed out of the box. I was cleaning off the filter and realized there were a few small holes in the filter screens, so I decided to change them out. When I opened the extra filters it came with, I realized these were different and were "ultra fine filters." Haven't tried them out yet, but I'm pretty sure I am going to like these better because they will trap more dust/dirt (fine particles). Which ones do you guys mostly use? Trying to decide if I even want to buy another set of the coarse mesh screen filters.

I purchased my Dolphin from my pool builder when he installed my pool. I was told to use the filter for regular cleaning and the mesh when there are large items, like leaves and twigs, after a storm. I have generally only used the mesh when I couldn't see the bottom (e.g., when opening the pool in the Spring) and after big storms when I've gotten out the larger twigs with the skimmer. Otherwise, I use the filter. Even when my pool looks clean, I will still see some dirt on the filter after running it for 3 hours.

I purchased my Dolphin from my pool builder when he installed my pool. I was told to use the filter for regular cleaning and the mesh when there are large items, like leaves and twigs, after a storm. I have generally only used the mesh when I couldn't see the bottom (e.g., when opening the pool in the Spring) and after big storms when I've gotten out the larger twigs with the skimmer. Otherwise, I use the filter. Even when my pool looks clean, I will still see some dirt on the filter after running it for 3 hours.

Are you still able to pick up small debris (like leaves) with the fine filter cartridge? I would assume so.

Cajun,

I only use the fine filters that are corrugated and look something like an automotive air cleaner filter.

I used to complain how hard I thought they were to clean, because they looked a little light weight to me, so I only cleaned them under a kitchen sink-like faucet.

But I was advised by a old timer here at TFP that I should not worry and try a garden hose with a nozzle on the end. That put an end to my complaining and the filters are much tougher than I thought and don't seem to be degraded in any way.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.