Jul 7, 2016
McKinney
pool.jpgEmail 10 minutes ago from our pb

Oct 14 begins "destroy" my back yard or Excavation Day

Robert

- - - Updated - - -

Robert (McKinney, TX)
Build start mid Oct 2016
19,500 Gallon IG 34 x 18.5, 12 inch raised SPA, Pentair Intelliflo VFD, Pentair Master Temp 400k BTU, Pentair Easy Touch 4 w/ screen logic, Pentair FNS Plus 60 DE Filter, Pentair Racer w/ booster pump, Rainbow 320 Inline Chlorinator, 3 multi-color LED lights 2xpool 1xspa. Tanning shelf with 1 bubbler

Congrats. Destroy your backyard is a good description. I called up a friend who had a pool about a week into the process, crying, asking how long before I have a back yard again? Worth it though.

Robert,

A great looking pool design..

Any idea why you are getting the Variable Flow pump, rather than the Variable Speed pump? I believe that the VS pump is a better option and cheaper too.

I would also suggest that you dump the Racer and booster pump and replace them with a pool cleaning robot. Much cheaper to operate.

How do you plan on chlorinating your pool? Check out the posts on this site and you will find that most people here do not use a 3" tab chlorination system due to the related algae issues over time.

Oh, Yes.. once they start to dig we love Construction Pics.

Thanks again for posting,

Jim R.

Nice! What is the 2 step 'raise' on the upper right corner of the pool?

Make sure the tanning shelf is the size you want it. When our pool was designed, the drawing ended up having sort of a small swooped ledge that was honestly just a large seat, we had it sized up to be a full sized shelf now and multiple people can actually stretch out their legs while sitting on it now.

The tiered waterfall from the spa will be nice.

I am checking with the builder to see why they have VFD on the drawing, VS does make more sense on the pump.

Just learning about the TPF way and hoping to that route.

Will do some research on robots, thank you.

Tanning shelf is a little smaller on purpose. More swim room for the kids. 2-3 people will be able to sit on it.

Wife picked the tiered waterfall for the spa.

Thank you for the robot thread.

Forgot to answer one of the other questions, the platform in the back of the pool. Wife did not like the idea of a jumping rock, so the builder came up with a raised platform of stone and concrete for the kids to jump off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.