Question about numbers and daytime FC loss

irishal

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2009
Edmond, OK
I'm in Oklahoma and the weather here has turned pretty hot. Our pool gets full sun from 8am-8pm. Look at my numbers below and let me know if the daytime loss in FC is normal?? The pool water is clear and sparkling right now.

Day 1:
FC 6
CC 0.5
TC 6.5
PH 7.8
TA 200
CYA 40
Temp 88F

Day 2:
FC 3.5
CC 0
TC 3.5
PH 7.0 (I'm lowering my TA and aerating)
TA 160
CYA 50
Temp 92F

Thanks again,
Alan
30ft AG

did you add cya or just a test variance between 40 and 50ppm? some people with full sun like that find 60ppm works a bit better. the average daily loss given out around here is 2ppm, so my guess is that 2.5ppm in full sun would be normal. I think if you put a solar cover on you would lose noticeably less. good idea on aeration.

Hey. Alan,

Yeah, reebok offers up some good advice. 70 is hard to back away from. 50-60 CYA even in full sun probably makes more sense. Either way, it's a bit of a gray area but it is very easy to increase in the future and a PITA if you need to go back down.

BTW, your numbers and your management of your pool water looks very good. I suspect your water looks just as good. :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.