Chlorine Tabs...

RASelkirk

Jul 11, 2015
Port Neches, TX
Hi All,

Does anyone know if the 3" pucks are available in lower percentages than the usual 94%? I bought some standard 3" tabs for use in my fountain and toilet tanks. We were getting these before in 3-packs for ~$12 at the grocery store and I decided they were too expensive so I bought a tub of pool tabs. They are completely overpowering! I didn't realize the ones made for toilet tanks are low-dose. When you flush, the smell permeates the entire house and it's only a matter of time before all the fixtures, etc. rot off, so whenever these current tabs dissolve that's it for indoor use.

TIA!

Russ

Hi All,

Does anyone know if the 3" pucks are available in lower percentages than the usual 94%? I bought some standard 3" tabs for use in my fountain and toilet tanks. We were getting these before in 3-packs for ~$12 at the grocery store and I decided they were too expensive so I bought a tub of pool tabs. They are completely overpowering! I didn't realize the ones made for toilet tanks are low-dose. When you flush, the smell permeates the entire house and it's only a matter of time before all the fixtures, etc. rot off, so whenever these current tabs dissolve that's it for indoor use.

TIA!

Russ
I believe that toilet bowl sanitizers are bromine, not chlorine. I could just imagine the smell when the chlorine combined with urine to make chloramines, yuck!

The reason that the fixtures will fail is from the very low pH created from the trichlor (very acidic).

I would take them out sooner than later.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a read here:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...ichlor-tablets?p=208760&viewfull=1#post208760

I believe that toilet bowl sanitizers are bromine, not chlorine. I could just imagine the smell when the chlorine combined with urine to make chloramines, yuck!

The reason that the fixtures will fail is from the very low pH created from the trichlor (very acidic).

I would take them out sooner than later.

- - - Updated - - -

Have a read here:
http://www.troublefreepool.com/thre...ichlor-tablets?p=208760&viewfull=1#post208760

Thanks for the link. I'll have to see if I can find those packs at the grocery next time I go. Pretty sure they're not bromine, unless bromine smells exactly like chlorine (and it may, IDK). The pucks are inside the tanks where one cannot possibly "whiz" directly on them, and there's been no unusual smells other than super strong chlorine. So, would bromine work better inside the house?

Russ

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.