Pump is Tripping GFCI Breaker

DanK5

Sep 26, 2016
Bartlett TN
Very old post but relevant to me now. AGP with double protected pump circuit; GFCI at pump and in the breaker box in garage. GFCI tripped yesterday for apparently now reason. Hasn’t rained in days. Messed with resetting both breakers but still trips. I ran an extension cord from another outdoor gfci receptacle to the pump and it trips that too. Stands to reason I have something going on in the pump then, right? I’ll take the cover off the pump tonight and see what I see. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Hello Dan and welcome to TFP! :wave: I separated your first post to your own thread since the one you initially posted to was old, and your equipment or scenario may become slightly different. We want you to receive the good attention you deserve.

Perhaps the best thing you could do for us so we can get you good answers is tell us what make/model pump you have and your current power requirements. Also, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. Or you can click EDIT YOUR SIGNATURE. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post. Don’t forget to include your test kit in the signature. :)

Nice to have you join us.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.