Jandy AquaLink RS is acting possessed

Jun 7, 2009
I wasn’t sure where to post my question, but since I’m definitely new at pool maintenance, I thought this would be a good start. My question:
We moved into our house 1 year ago and our pool has a Jandy AquaLink RS system. Out of the blue, without changing any settings (unless the pool guy did something on the outside panel) our pump and spa will come on and off sporadically after the scheduled time has ended. This happens in the middle of the night and I am not sure if there is a pattern because I am asleep and the noise will wake me. Also, the lights in the pool will come on with no rhyme or reason. I will look outside in the middle of the night and the pool lights are strobing the fountain in the spa is on, and the pool cleaner is doing its thing. It’s like there’s a party and no one showed up! To complicate matters, sometimes I can turn everything off from the inside panel, and other times it will not allow me to turn off the spa, pump, lights. I have to go outside and push the buttons on the control located on the spa.
I ran a diagnostic and found that the battery was low so I changed it. I checked both programs A and B to see if there is anything scheduled-Nothing was except the pump to run from 8am-4pm.
Can anyone tell me what’s going on????!!! Thanks so much!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.