The pool has begun

Jun 17, 2016
inman ,s.c.
We started our dig a few days ago and of course we had to change direction after running into septic line. we are from pittsburgh and so this septic thing is new for us we had the plat overlay but it was off .. Just watching the dogs dont fall in the hole or get lost in the mountain of orange dirt . We wont get to use it now until next year but figured we will be ready to go next year. we did the 18x 38 rectangular with a crystal liner . the liner was the hardest part . Now i just have to order the test kit . oh and can someone tell me if we order a safety cover do we order an 18x 36 in the cover .it sounds like they go over an extra 2 feet so am wondering if we need a 20x40 ?

Re: The Pool has begun

Exciting times! I dunno, in some ways the way you're doing it is ideal- there is no pressing rush to go swim as the weather cools so you're not as antsy. But I'll warn you... somehow the yard will still be a mess of mud and stuff until you get the cement deck in and any equipment tracks in the grass get filled in.

I can't advise you on the sizing of the cover, but you can probably ask the company. They may automatically add the extra so you would only want to tell them the 18x32 number lest you were to end up with 4 feet extra! :brickwall:

Re: The Pool has begun

That's exciting (and frustrating). I'm also from Pittsburgh area (Greensburg). We are nearing the start of our dig and are doing a 18x36 rectangle. We will ALSO not get to use our pool this year. The bright side of that is we will have the fall, winter and spring to work on landscaping and yard repair. We are also not doing the fence until spring - giving us time to figure out exactly how we want to lay it out. Lastly, it will certainly build the excitement!

Not sure about the cover but I assume you buy the size of cover that your pool is. So I'll buy a 18x36 cover.

After my research, here is the test kit I'll be buying - TFTestkits.net
I will also get the SpeedStir made by the same company - Amazon.com : Taylor Magnetic Stirrer Speedstir Start-up Pack + Stir Bar + Batteries | 9265 : Swimming Pool Liquid Test Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

Good luck and be sure to post pictures!!!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.