Inlet Eye Removal

Sep 24, 2016
Anthem, AZ
Hey folks,

I have searched through the forum and can't find any info for my specific situation so hoping someone can help.

I have purchased a Poolskim and am attempting to install it. In the installation video they make it seem very simple with a light tap using a screwdriver and mallet to easily loosen the eye fitting. Well when I attempted to tap on one of the tabs it broke off with barely any force. Same thing with the other tab. So now I have no clue how to get this thing out. I did see in some other posts there are removal tools you can buy online, but it looks like it's assuming there are a couple of small slots on either side of the inlet opening for the tool to slide in to. My inlet does not have anything like that. I have attached a picture.

I just moved into the house a couple months ago so I don't know the history of the pool or if these inlets have ever been removed or replaced (in Arizona so doubt winter plugs were ever put in).

Hoping someone might have an idea of an easy way to get this out. The plastic seems very soft so worried if I start trying to force it I'm going to mangle the whole thing.

Attachments

• P1040207.jpg
    P1040207.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 32
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.