Pentair 400K Master Temp intermittent issues

Flippy

Jan 8, 2011
Richmond, Texas
Hi All -

I have a 400K Natural Gas Master Temp heater. Lately I have had issues where it will go through the normal sequence of start up and start heating only to shut back off withing a min or two with service light indicator to come on. If I shut it off and turn it back on it will usually come back on and heat as normal. Sometimes I have to do this three or four times. This seems to happen when it is wet outside and we have had a bunch of rain again this year. If it hasn't rained for a few days there are no issues. Every time this happens it is dripping wet and of course I don't want to take the panel off to read the error codes in the mud. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks

Flippy

You really need to read the error code. It will provide you a starting place to determine what is wrong and in some cases tells you exactly what to do.

How old is the unit?

It finally happened again. The only led lit on the back was LED 11 and I think that is the service indicator LED. I shut it off and turned it back on and it worked with no issues. This only happens when it has rained the same day. Any ideas?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.