New Pool Owner Question about equipment condition

Sep 25, 2016
San Diego, CA
Good Morning,

Sorry I don't mean to be vague but I was wonder if someone could tell me about the condition and what type of maintenance I'm looking at on my pool I just purchased. It's a salt water pool and I have some pictures of the equipment, its about 10X30 standard size.

Attachments

• IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 45
Sorry I was going to post more pictures but ran out of storage on the site. Yes the water looks very crystal clear and the equipment seems to be functioning normal. The only thing I just don't know is when it first turns on it does make a whine that settles down and turns into a nice very quite running system.

Hi! You can add more pics two ways:

-become a supporting member-more pics, tax deductible, discount on good test kit, discount at IYOPOOL.com, helps us keep the lights on :sun:

-photo bucket using the IMG code.

I see a test kit on the wall. Do you know which test kit it is? Have you tested the water?

Do you know what kind of filter you have?

Sorry for more questions but it will help us get you up to speed on your pool.

:kim:

The only thing I just don't know is when it first turns on it does make a whine that settles down and turns into a nice very quite running system.

You may have a variable speed pump. If so, its not uncommon for it to come up in "prime" mode, which is the highest speed, and once primed, set itself to a lower speed. My pump is pretty loud when priming, but at 1400 RPM can't hear it from a short distance away.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.