Trying to close my pool and can't get the FC to stay..

tbird2340

Jun 3, 2014
Youngstown, OH
Trying to get my pool closed and cannot get the FC to stay at SLAM level... Brought it to 13 FC yesterday.. 24 hours later, just tested and its at 6 FC..

CYA around 50
PH 7.8
FC 6
CC under .5
TA 100
CH 180

Water is crystal clear.. I had an issue with FC not being able to hold and ended up having a phosphates issue.. They were over 1,000 and had algae on the bottom of the pool and cloudy water when that happened (about a month ago).. Treated and phospates were down to zero (haven't tested again)..

What should I do here?? I really wanted to get this closed.. What is eating all my FC!?

Thanks

Regardless WHAT is eating it------something is. Do a complete SLAM if you need to after doing an OCLT. 7 FC points in 24 hours doesn't tell us much depending on conditions with no extra FC being added in that time frame.

If you have the chlorine on hand, go for it! It works extra hard at night with no interference from the sun.

OK thanks.. I've never had to do this in the 3 years I've owned it.. So bring it up to 20 FC (CYA at 50) and then in the morning I should check it? I don't have any additional bleach other than what I got to bring it to 20 FC right now.. Should I still do it? Water is crystal clear and CC is under .5 currently.. But losing that much FC I definitely got something in there..

Is the idea to keep the FC at 20 until I have no loss on the OCLT?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.