Question about blowing out the lines

skinpath

Gold Supporter
Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2016
Pittsford, NY
Going to try to close my pool by myself for the first time.

A couple questions about blowing out my lines (I have two skimmers, 3 returns, and one main drain in the deep end)

My impression from reading some posts and watching some videos is that I can plug my blower (I plan on using the Cyclone vacuum and blower - 3 HP) directly into one of the skimmer return and then, assuming I can control the airflow using valves and plugs I can blow out all the lines from that one connection.

First, does this sound feasible?

Should I be bypassing the filter when I do this (I have a cartridge filter)? If not, should I take the cartridges out before I do this? If I should bypass the filter and for some reason I can’t - will I need to change plans and blow the lines out from the equipment pad?

No need to bypass the filter unless it's easy to do so, but I would remove the carts first. You can indeed blow out the entire pool from one skimmer hole with a cyclone blower. Be sure not to forget to blow out the heater by opening the drain valve(s) during the process.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.