Raypak 336A won't light

Jun 11, 2016
Boston, MA
First time to turn on the heater this year since July. It was working fine before, but now it displayed "CPH" and moved to "SPK". It then just stuck there. You can hear three clicks every second or two, but nothing else is going. No error code. Is that something obvious I can check before calling a pro?

Thanks.

If this is propane, does the tank have gas? Are the gas valves turned on? I would look inside at the pilot while it's clicking, be careful, and see if it is in fact lit. If it is lit but still doing a CFH, then a few things could be up. Usually this indicates a bad control board and very rarely a grounding issue. At some point when it's doing a CFH and the pilot doesn't light, you should get a ILO, ignition lock out, error code. Then you have to power off to reset.

If you look at the pilot during the CFH cycle and the pilot is not lit, then you have to suspect a gas issue or maybe something like a spider has a web in the pilot not allowing it to light.

Just talked to my PB, and he asked me to use leaf blower to blow out all the junks at the bottom of the heater. I did, and it worked at least so far. It ignited and started to heat the pump. My PB told me heater needs to be turned on every week for 5 min during the summer to avoid fall problems.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.