New Build in Dallas - DIY, BYOP or Hire

Jul 5, 2016
DFW
Getting ready to start on a pool in the Dallas area and debating on whether to DIY, go through Build Your Own Pool or try and find someone who can help out (I have heard there are guys in the area who will basically GC but I would need to do most of the legwork. Only problem is, not sure where to find them). I work out of the house so meeting subs is not a problem. Have read mixed reviews on BYOP (mainly the price they charge) so looking for suggestions. Already know the design we want. Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

Just as a follow up, the reason we are looking to go this route is because quotes have been coming in a little higher than expected. Had a couple PB's come out already. Below are pics and specs. The barn is already in place
pool2.jpgpool1.jpg
Perimeter - 386
Size - 15' x 30'
Appx gallons - 12,303 (3',5', 4')
Spa - 28 foot perimeter, 49 sq. feet, 720 gallons
Filter Pump - 2.0 HP Jandy
Cleaner pump - PB4-60
Filter - 460 sq ft Jandy cartridge filter
Controller - Aqualink w/ PDA
Sanitizer 1 - Chlorine feeder
Sanitizer 2 - UV Sterilizer (after reading a lot of posts here, I'm thinking no on this)
Lights - 500 and 100 watt wight light
Autofil unit - Pool Miser Autofil
Cleaner - Polaris 3900 w/ pump
Heater - Zodiac Propane JXI QT Blower (house is on propane)
Blower - 1 1/2 HP Polaris QT Blower
Steel - #4 rebar 10"ocew

Any thing we may be able to save a few dollars on? As I mentioned, I think no go on the UV

Definitely punt the UV sterilizer and I would punt the trichlor puck feeder. We saved $20k-ish by deleting the spa and buying a standalone hot tub for under $6k. A stand alone tub is more comfortable, more energy efficient, covered, always hot and we put ours on a covered patio so we can hot tub in rain/snow, whatever. And it is a lot closer to the back door. It also simplifies your pool plumbing significantly.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.