New member, plenty of pool experience...

Sep 23, 2016
West Suffield, CT
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Just introducing myself and saying thanks! I appreciate this forum and have used it often, but have not registered till now.

I worked for a pool company in my college years installing both above and in-ground pools, doing openings & closings, billing out as a service technician, bobcat operator and general "grunt work" ;)

I never owned my own pool until 2007. I do all my own openings/closings and maintenance. I spend very little time maintaining our pool (very happy about that). Once a week, I drop 4 3" chlorine tabs into my chlorinator, toss the robotic vacuum in and check chemicals/ph/etc (but I rarely have to adjust anything) and my water is crystal clear (helps to have no trees). I love my cartridge filter... and I only clean the cartridges once at the end of the season (this weekend for me) and they are usually quite clean. I do use "socks" in my two skimmers which makes a huge difference!. I've had the same cartridges since 2007.

I don't have any issues/problems at the moment, but I do enjoy reading the posts and solutions.