Our project..

irishal

LifeTime Supporter
May 28, 2009
Edmond, OK
Below are some pics of our project that we embarqing on. Putting up a trex deck along with a splash deck around the pool. I'll post some more pics when complete.

Attachments

• pool pics 005.jpg
    pool pics 005.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 1,474
  • pool pics 002.jpg
    pool pics 002.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 1,475
  • pool pics 001.jpg
    pool pics 001.jpg
    319.1 KB · Views: 1,474
Thanks for all the great comments!!! The grass is actually native bermuda. Grows great in dry conditions, kept it short and it stays nice and soft. Only thing I had to do was kill most of it growing around the pool. The stuff has a tendancy to crawl and has been know to crawl under and through pool liners.

Re: Our project..----Update Pics

Couple of updated pics as this thing is taking on a life of its own now. Decided to add trim pieces around the edges to see how it would look. Working on the stairs now, which should be interesting.

Attachments

• pool pics v2 003.jpg
    pool pics v2 003.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 1,243
  • pool pics v2 004.jpg
    pool pics v2 004.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 1,243
Re: Our project..UPDATED with completed pics

Below is the completed project. At some point we'll extend the splash deck all around the pool, but for now it's perfect for us!!!

Attachments

• misc deck and pool 055.JPG
    misc deck and pool 055.JPG
    290.6 KB · Views: 1,076
  • misc deck and pool 054.JPG
    misc deck and pool 054.JPG
    293.3 KB · Views: 1,078
  • misc deck and pool 056.JPG
    misc deck and pool 056.JPG
    307.3 KB · Views: 1,082

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dattia said:
Wow...very, very nice! :goodjob:

I thought I would have a deck project this year, but alas, it will have to wait.

Deck, heck I thought I was getting a pool in this year, but I won't be able to even get to that.

The new deck looks awesome, gotta love the Trex. I have it around the house deck and it is great. Just don't allow anything to stain it. Clean it up right away.

Carneymom said:
WOW! Beautiful project. Love the colors. We are hoping to add a splash deck this year. where did you get the plans, or did you design it yourself? I've been to decks.com for plans but pier blocks are not permitted in NJ. Darn!
I completely winged it on this one. I've built a few decks before and modified this one more than once. Really all I did was build out the framing 1st to lay out my plan, then lay down the Trex (which is amazing!!).
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Irish.

Beautiful. :goodjob:

Every year you have your Trex deck you will love it more. I've had a big Trex deck since 02 but purchased it a couple of years prior; one of the first production runs. Whenever someone I know has to shell out money and put labor into repairing, staining, cleaning I give myself a big pat on the back for choosing it. BTW... I haven't had much problem with stains. Every 2-3 years I scrub it down with OxyClean. I guess I should do it more often but the dogs drag so much dirt and mud up on it, it looks the same in a few weeks. And then there's the birds.............

I even use it straight on the ground. I'm getting ready to do fill in some cutouts in our pool decking (orginally had big native trees) and will use recycled rubber underneath. The recycled rubber is great but the dogs scatter it all over the place. At least it floats in the pool so the Pool Skim catches it.

I love working with Trex. The only hard part is carrying really long boards by myself. I usually just drag them. Our Trex goes beyond the steel beam on two sides of deck. We had to reinforce it, underneath, with aluminum L's the whole length. Found out it breaks if you step on an unsupported overlap.

Enjoy your beautiful place and give yourself praise for such a great job.

gg=alice

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.