Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Our project..

1. Back To Top    #1

Our project..

Below are some pics of our project that we embarqing on. Putting up a trex deck along with a splash deck around the pool. I'll post some more pics when complete.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alan
    30ft AGP
    2hp pump
    TFTestkits ,Pool Calculator, Pool School

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Our project..

I think you are going to like that.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Looking good! You have a beautiful place
    18ft. Arcadia Round AGP - 19" Sand Filter, 1 hp pump
    Foam cove/ Gorilla Pad/ Wedding cake steps
    Sta Rite Lil' Shark cleaner and Aquabot Pool Rover cleaner - Aqua-Luminator light and return flow w/fountain attachment
    Added Borates 5/19/09 Taylor K-1005 and Taylor FAS-DPD Chlorine Tests

4. Back To Top    #4

Very nice
    Lynn

16x38 FG, 20,400G, 1HP/2sp Tristar pump, Hayward 425sq ft cart. filter, Pro Logic4, SWCG, 3 returns, 2 main drains, 1 skimmer, 4 Pentair deck jets, Hayward Phantom pressure cleaner/booster pump, TF-100 of course :-)orthofish-s-pool-build-finally-t13179.html

5. Back To Top    #5

Great looking pool and deck project. But do you know what I really admired the most in the pictures? The lawn! You guys have really nice, soft looking, pretty green grass. It looks wonderful!
    Leanne
    Pool: 24' round by 48" deep AGP
    Waterway 1HP-2 speed pump, H100 Heater, sand filter, skimmer, using BBB (love it!)
    Hot tub: 2008 CalSpas, 8x8, 8 seats, 60+ jets, ozonator
    3 step bromine sanitation

6. Back To Top    #6

Tennessee, Kentucky. Known for Blue grass variety of lawns right?

It looks that nice.

7. Back To Top    #7

Thanks for all the great comments!!! The grass is actually native bermuda. Grows great in dry conditions, kept it short and it stays nice and soft. Only thing I had to do was kill most of it growing around the pool. The stuff has a tendancy to crawl and has been know to crawl under and through pool liners.
    Alan
    30ft AGP
    2hp pump

8. Back To Top    #8

Re: Our project..----Update Pics

Couple of updated pics as this thing is taking on a life of its own now. Decided to add trim pieces around the edges to see how it would look. Working on the stairs now, which should be interesting.
    Alan
    30ft AGP
    2hp pump

9. Back To Top    #9

Very nice! I think the trim pieces give it a nice finished look.

Your little helpers look like they are enjoying it, too
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

10. Back To Top    #10

Re: Our project..UPDATED with completed pics

Below is the completed project. At some point we'll extend the splash deck all around the pool, but for now it's perfect for us!!!
    Alan
    30ft AGP
    2hp pump

11. Back To Top    #11

LOVE it!
    27' ABG
    Sand Filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Wow...very, very nice!

I thought I would have a deck project this year, but alas, it will have to wait.
    27' round AG
    Hayward Matrix 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward S210T Sand Filter

13. Back To Top    #13

WOW! Beautiful project. Love the colors. We are hoping to add a splash deck this year. where did you get the plans, or did you design it yourself? I've been to decks.com for plans but pier blocks are not permitted in NJ. Darn!
    Lisa,

15K Gal, 18 x 33 AG oval, 1 1/2 HP Proline Pump, 22" sand filter, Auto chlorinator, Pool Rover JR.

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by dattia
    Wow...very, very nice!

I thought I would have a deck project this year, but alas, it will have to wait.
    Deck, heck I thought I was getting a pool in this year, but I won't be able to even get to that.

The new deck looks awesome, gotta love the Trex. I have it around the house deck and it is great. Just don't allow anything to stain it. Clean it up right away.

15. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Carneymom
    WOW! Beautiful project. Love the colors. We are hoping to add a splash deck this year. where did you get the plans, or did you design it yourself? I've been to decks.com for plans but pier blocks are not permitted in NJ. Darn!
    I completely winged it on this one. I've built a few decks before and modified this one more than once. Really all I did was build out the framing 1st to lay out my plan, then lay down the Trex (which is amazing!!).
    Thanks for all the nice comments.

Irish.
    Alan
    30ft AGP
    2hp pump

16. Back To Top    #16

I love it! You did a great job!
    Nicole

21' AGP (10,400g)
    Hayward PowerFlo Matrix dual-speed 1HP pump, 75 sq ft Waterway cartridge filter
    4G Liquidator, Aquabot POOL ROVER S2-40

17. Back To Top    #17

A beautiful work and how fun it must be to enjoy! I am a newbie. We hope to have an AG pool in a few weeks. This is inspiring!
    AGP partially buried since 2009, with surrounding wood deck and flower bed. 12 x 24 oval x 48" deep Celebration by Forum. Steel sides, vinyl liner, Barracuda pool cleaner. Pentair 1.5 HP single speed sand pump. Flower fountain - works well to cool water up to 10 degrees.

18. Back To Top    #18

OH--may I ask what brand pool you have? It is beautiful. Is it partially buried? Thanks.
    AGP partially buried since 2009, with surrounding wood deck and flower bed. 12 x 24 oval x 48" deep Celebration by Forum. Steel sides, vinyl liner, Barracuda pool cleaner. Pentair 1.5 HP single speed sand pump. Flower fountain - works well to cool water up to 10 degrees.

19. Back To Top    #19

Just curious...how does your deck look now? Was that some sort of composite decking? We are trying to decide what to use and I have heard horror stories about TREX and others.

20. Back To Top    #20

Beautiful.

Every year you have your Trex deck you will love it more. I've had a big Trex deck since 02 but purchased it a couple of years prior; one of the first production runs. Whenever someone I know has to shell out money and put labor into repairing, staining, cleaning I give myself a big pat on the back for choosing it. BTW... I haven't had much problem with stains. Every 2-3 years I scrub it down with OxyClean. I guess I should do it more often but the dogs drag so much dirt and mud up on it, it looks the same in a few weeks. And then there's the birds.............

I even use it straight on the ground. I'm getting ready to do fill in some cutouts in our pool decking (orginally had big native trees) and will use recycled rubber underneath. The recycled rubber is great but the dogs scatter it all over the place. At least it floats in the pool so the Pool Skim catches it.

I love working with Trex. The only hard part is carrying really long boards by myself. I usually just drag them. Our Trex goes beyond the steel beam on two sides of deck. We had to reinforce it, underneath, with aluminum L's the whole length. Found out it breaks if you step on an unsupported overlap.

Enjoy your beautiful place and give yourself praise for such a great job.

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast