Brand New Pool- Leaking

auto

Feb 20, 2016
Dallas
Just started filling pool after an incredibly challenging build because of weather, contractors, God Hating me:D, and the general awesomeness of the experience. After filling started noticed one area near the jets was extremely wet, thought it was just the spraying of the deck and cleaning. When the guy came over for acid startup, no big deal, probably one of the jets, turned it off. Go out this morning, the pool level dropped over 3" pvernight and ground is just as wet.

The area immediately next to the pool is perfectly dry, i.e. immediate border. The wetness begins about 3' from the pool. Any thoughts? Concerns long term, besides the obvious?

I would notify your builder immediately. 3" is definitely not normal and shows a leak somewhere. You could try and track down the leak yourself, but I would let the builder come over and check it out.

I would notify your builder immediately. 3" is definitely not normal and shows a leak somewhere. You could try and track down the leak yourself, but I would let the builder come over and check it out.

I did at 0630 this morning :) I was just wanting some ideas to know what kind of pain I am in for, as if I need anymore on this build.

I did at 0630 this morning :) I was just wanting some ideas to know what kind of pain I am in for, as if I need anymore on this build.

A 3" drop for a pool of your size is about 900 gallons, so not a minor leak I'm sorry to say. Hopefully something simple and not having to dig up to examine pipes. Sorry - its stinks to have this right when you think you're finished.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.