Preventing Mold/Algae on Pool Deck or Waterfall

nsbohn

Apr 9, 2016
Lithia FL
I'm getting REALLY wore out with bleaching and power washing my pool deck every few months. Its hot and humid down here in the Sunshine State, and I can't seem to keep the mold/algae from growing in the cracks of my waterfall, and all along the fake rocks around my pool. The side of our water-slide goes from clean and beautiful to black and disgusting in a month or so. When the weather cools off and we're not using the pool as much, I'm hoping to treat the whole deck and decorations with SOMETHING that will help keep this in check.

Any suggestions?

About the only thing that will be effective is sealing the deck and waterfall rocks with sealer. There are some pretty good products out there that you can use to keep the natural look if thats what you want, or shiney if thats what you want. Or somewhere in between.

The downside is, it may be a bit more slippery, and you'll have to reapply it every few years.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.