The rain effect

itabb

Jun 22, 2007
Atlanta, GA
My wife left the pool cover off in a heavy rain. It added about 2 inches to the pool level. While the water is clear, FC 5.5, CC 0, and everything seems nice and clear, the water just doesn't have that "sparkle" it did before the rain. It used to look really crisp and now it seems a bit dulled. This is so subjective because everything measures perfect and looks right. I cannot measure the "sparkle" or crispness of the water, so I just cannot describe it. The only thing I can think of to get that sparkle back is to shock my pool to 20ppm FC, which is how I got it the last time. Any thoughts on this?

We have had excessive rain and even with the cover, there is the rain hitting water and our PH jumped, leaving the water dull and almost but not quite cloudly looking. But, then my TA was already high before that and rain does dilute your chlorine too. A bit of acid brought both down and a bit of extra chlorine on top of that cleared it right up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.