Re: Power Light Suddenly off on SWG

Re: Power Light Suddenly off on SWG

I don't have a salt test of actual salt levels. I planned to order it if I could get the SWG up and running.

Also, if you're brand new to owning a pool, you may not know this yet (I didn't back when I first got a pool). Your local pool supply store will test your water, salt concentration, and sometimes even your salt cell for free. I had a bad time with my last saltwater pool because I was trying to avoid buying a new salt cell, so I nursed it along and it kept surprising me with a green pool every few months. I finally bit the bullet and bought a new replacement cell for $300, and had no more problems.

Now my existing pool was salt and previous owner had converted to chlorine (much in the same way that escalators that don't work turn into stairs, salt water pools that don't work turn into chlorine ones) and now that I've been having to buy the chlorine chemicals, I realize I can buy a salt cell every year cheaper than I can buy the chlorine to NOT have the salt cell, and then I wouldn't have to mess with it every week either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.