New Intelliflo Pump not turning on with Intellitouch

Jan 27, 2013
Richmond, Texas
Hi! We recently replaced our 10-year-old Intelliflo Model #011013 (VS 3050) with an Intelliflo Model #011018. We did the install ourselves (used the existing power and communication cable from the old pump). But our Intellitouch is not turning the pump on when the pool is scheduled to come on. I have to go out to the pump and manually turn it on. But when the pool is scheduled to turn off, it will turn the pump off. It almost seems as if I missed a setting somewhere. On the pump, I did set the pump address to #1, as explained in the pump manual. It does seem like the Intellitouch and pump are somehow communicating because on the indoor controller panel, if I go to the Intelliflo menu and click on status, it will show the current speed and watts (but not the gpm). I've been trying for 2 days to figure it out, but I'm a bit stumped. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

angied,

When you look at the pump screen does it say "Display Not Active"? If the pump is talking with the Automation that is what mine says.

Just to make sure... The new pump is wired directly to the 220 volt circuit breakers, not through any relays. Is this what you have?

Do you have ScreenLogic2? If so, right above the "Power Usage (Watts) RPM and GPM) bar should be the "Flow Rate Settings".. Do any icons show up there and if so, is are any of them green?

I believe that the GPM only works on VF pumps.. not VS pumps like what you have.

Jim R.

angied,

When you look at the pump screen does it say "Display Not Active"? If the pump is talking with the Automation that is what mine says.

Just to make sure... The new pump is wired directly to the 220 volt circuit breakers, not through any relays. Is this what you have?

Do you have ScreenLogic2? If so, right above the "Power Usage (Watts) RPM and GPM) bar should be the "Flow Rate Settings".. Do any icons show up there and if so, is are any of them green?

I believe that the GPM only works on VF pumps.. not VS pumps like what you have.

Jim R.

Jim,

Thanks so much for your reply!

Yes, the pump screen does say "Display Not Active." I usually have to put the pool in "service" mode to turn the pump on manually, then put it back into "auto" mode and it works fine after that.

And yes, it is wired directly to the 220 volt circuit breakers. We didn't mess with any wiring, other than directly at the pump (disconnecting the old, connecting the new).

No, I don't have ScreenLogic2. It's an older system, about 10 years old. It's the basic indoor control panel. But I did check to see if there was "flow rate settings." Didn't see anything like that on the screen.

Oh ok...makes sense about GPM only working with the VF pumps.

Appreciate your help and ideas!
Angie

Angie,

I have an EasyTouch, not an IntelliTouch, but I believe they work in a similar fashion.. so try this and let me know what you get.

Go to the little LCD panel inside the IntelliTouch enclosure.
Push menu and scroll down to "Settings" and press "Select"
Scroll down to "Intelliflo" and press "Select"
Select "Pump 1"
Pump Type should be "VS"
Scroll down to "Speeds" and press "Select". You should see something like the following, your numbers may be different:

RPM 1200 1/8
Circuit
"Pool"

This is just saying if you have program 1 of 8 turned on, and you are in the pool mode, the pump should run at 1200 RPM.

Push "Menu" until you back out to the main page.
Scroll down to "Schedules" and press "select"
Scroll down to "Pool" and press "select"
Just confirm that a schedule is in the program under "Pool"
It should tell you at what time the pump should come on and turn off.

Let me know what you get..

I'm not sure that I can help, but thought we'd look at the obvious things first. If the Display is shut off that is a pretty good indication that the pump and the automation system are talking to each other. So, if the pump does not start when you think it should, maybe something is wrong with the schedule or the speed selection.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Next..

Jim,

I agree that it seems like it has something to do with the schedule or speed selection.

Unfortunately, I don't have a little LED screen in the Intellitouch enclosure. I went through all the menus on my indoor control panel and I can't for the life of me find any place where I can set the speed for the pump or anywhere you described for the schedules. Now I see a speed selection 1-8 on the pump settings menu (on the pump itself), but nothing on Intellitouch. This is where I get so confused. Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks!
Angie

Angie,

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with the older units. Let's see if someone else steps in.

Can you post a pic of your indoor control panel?

Have you tried to call Pentair and see what they recommend?

Jim R.

Jim,

Yep, that is what mine looks like. No, I haven't contacted Pentair yet...wanted to see if anyone had any ideas for me to try first. I'm still researching some stuff online. If I figure it out, I'll let you know. If not, I'll try contacting Pentair on Monday.

Thanks again for your help!
Angie

Angie,

Did you watch the whole thing? It seemed to show how to go in via the menu button to check schedules and setup, and equipment such as the Intelliflo.

Play with it.. you can't make it any worse than it is now..

Jim R.

Jim,

Yes, I did watch the whole thing. I actually went in and took off the old Intelliflo and it's settings and set up a whole new Intelliflo in the menu. When I did that, it did allow me to set an RPM. But that still didn't fix the issue. When the pool is scheduled to come on, it still doesn't turn the pump on. I posted my question to the forum on Pentair's website. I'll let you know if I hear anything back.

Thanks!
Angie

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Jim,

Ok, I finally got it figured out! Yesterday I sat down and decided to yet again go through the Intelliflo settings in the Intellitouch. The Intelliflo setting was set up as "Intelliflo 1." When I selected it, it asked if I wanted to change it to "Intelliflo 4." I said yes. Then I was able to set the speed. Worked like a charm! I thought I had tried that the other day because I remember setting a speed for something, but maybe I didn't have something else set right. But I finally got it working. So it ended up being a speed setting after all, like you said.

I really, really appreciate all your help with this! Thank you!
Angie

- - - Updated - - -

Pool Control Systems Firmware Updates | PENTAIR. You might have to go here to update your intellitouch
- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the suggestion! I do want to look into updating the firmware. It's 10 years old now so I know it's way overdue!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.