Help rain water has washed away sand from under my pool

dgramo

Jun 6, 2009
We have had a ton of rain lately and it has caused some sand to be washed away from under my pool right at the edge. It is an old pool and was already installed here at the house when I moved in. Can I dig down and force some more sand in the void to reduce the crater in the pool liner? I really don't want to drain the pool to fix it. I just opened it up a few weeks ago and the water bill will be huge if I drain and refill again.

dgramo said:
wouldn't something be better than nothing?

If you dig out enough to get access to the liner, the liner will probably bulge out under the pool wall or rip. There is more than 50 tons of water in a 24' AG pool.

If you try to dig it out to put something in there the weight of the water will force the liner out under the wall perhaps tearing it and you dont want 15000 gal of water running all over your yard. If you try to force something up in there you risk puncturing the liner as well ...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.