Best/cheapest/easily found algaecide..

Jul 9, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I know this has probably been asked a gazillion times, but my search function doesn't work for some reason...

What is the best/cheapest/most easily found algaecide available? My numbers look great with my CC at 5-6 and my free CC at 0 but I have a little bit of algae trying to form...

TIA!!

There is none better than liquid Chlorine/Bleach. Not for the money or effectiveness. Some though, will have ingredients you don't want like Copper. Bleach has none of the bad side effects, and properly maintained, it will never let you down.

How are you testing and maintaining the pool?

You seem to be confused about terms:

CC=Combined Chlorine

This is the chlorine that is in the process of sanitizing the pool. If you have more than about 0.5ppm, you have an issue.

FC=Free Chlorine

This is the good stuff that is available to clean up anything that gets in the pool.

If you have algae, your chlorine is either too low for your CYA level, or has been allowed to get too low recently. Without knowing your CYA level there is no way to know how your chlorine level measures up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.