Thanks to the TFP team

Jul 6, 2016
Memphis, TN
We moved in our house with this pool about 3 months ago. The wife mentioned yesterday, "the water looks the best it has since we moved in".

Thanks for all the advice.

On a side note, when I was getting a sample tested at my local pool store for metals the other day, they were kind of busy and 3 people were in front of me. Every one of them had CYA levels that were off the charts and the guys that worked there were acting like it was some big mystery as to how this was happening to all of their customers right now (all the while they're selling trichlor tabs by the truckload).

Seems like a great business venture opportunity for someone to come up with a puck that doesn't add CYA and other "inert" ingredients.

Glad to hear your pool is going well :goodjob:

Chlorine gas must be stabilized with something to be solid or liquid ... so you are asking to defy chemistry if you do not want to add something with it.
Trichlor and Dichlor stabilize with cyanuric acid (CYA)
Cal-hypo stabilizes with calcium (CH)
Lithium-hypo stabilized with lithium (very expensive)
And bleach stabilizes with water and salt. (clearly the least troublesome side-effects)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.