Will a Porter-Cable 3.5 gal pancake compressor work ok to blow the lines?

anthonypool89

Gold Supporter
Aug 26, 2016
Berks County, PA
Hi,

Up until now I've always used my old Craftsman (1994) tankless compressor at around 10-15 psi, which worked fine. The past few months it seems like the motor in my compressor is going. I've contemplated buying a new motor for the old compressor, but that certainly does not seem like the most cost efficient way to proceed being that buying a new motor for the old Craftsman is much more expensive than just getting a new compressor. Fairly comparable to the old Craftsman is this Porter Cable (.8 HP compared to 1 HP on my old unit). However, I have never used one of these pancake compressors before. I'm thinking that it shouldn't be a problem with keeping constant pressure? I just ask since I saw a youtube video where the guy used (and recommended) a tankless compressor (I don't think they even make many anymore) as opposed to a pancake. Any suggestions? I think my best choice would be to buy the new one, but I'm often partial to fixing older equipment since alot of stuff was made better back in the day. That Craftsman has been going for 22 years, which is what tempts me to put a motor in it. Thanks for any thoughts....

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.