I don't know quat!

TechnoGeek

Jul 13, 2016
Terre Haute, Indiana
I am preparing for the Closing, and purchased what was advertised as Polyquat.
I got an Algaecide called "GLB Algimycin 600" The Active Ingredients are:
Poly[oxyethylene(dimethyliminio)ethylene(dimethylimino)ethylene dichloride] 60% and Other Ingredients 40%

:confused: Is this what is being recommended, when they say use polyquat or 60% quat when closing the pool?
Thank you in advance for the interpretation!

Is this the stuff you bought?
Glb Algimycin 600 32oz. - 71108 - INYOPools.com

ACTIVE INGREDIENT
Poly (oxyethylene (dimethyliminio)
ethylene (dimethyliminio) ethylene
dichloride) ...................................... 60%
OTHER INGREDIENTS ................. 40%
TOTAL ......................................... 100%

Yup, Polyquat 60

I read the thread.
Wow, that a bit complicated. the relationship of CH reducing the effect of polyquat. and then polyquat reducing FC and then Chlorine breaking the sub something of the polyquat making it not as effective. I would assume it all boils down to the polyquat is reduced by chlorine but enough is still effective enough to be worth the expense.
I hate to admit it but In this area of Pool care, I prefer to be a lemming and do as advised for what the experts have found to work best.
I can do most anything on Computers, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, Servers, etc but this water stuff is confusing.
Now I have empathy for the people who ask for help and just are dumbfounded by the explanation of what happened and what it took to fix their issue.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.